"Surf the Web" Quiz -- December 1999
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: December 31, 1999
E-mail your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Surf the Web
Contest" in the subject. Also include your real name, contact number(s)
and primary email address.
Remember that the object is not to simply give us the answers, but
rather, show us how you used the web to find the answers!
For official rules and instructions, just click here.
- How much does Homer Simpson weigh?
- How do I make a paper shark?
- I'm travelling to Munich next week to visit some friends. How much
is my P10,000 converted to their local currency?
- What is the name of the US satellite that mysteriously disappeared
last September on its mission to Mars? (Don't use the name of the US
satellite. Assume that you don't know the name.)
- What is the legendary "ibong adarna"?
- Who is the current president of Sri Lanka? (Don't use the name of
Sri Lanka's President.)
- While in Baguio for vacation, you suddenly remembered you need to
deposit your paycheck to avoid being overdrawn. Which BPI branches can
you go to?
- What is John Grisham's latest novel? (Again, assume that you don't
know the title.)
- You're wondering how to pack that ceramic pot you are sending to your
aunt in Australia. Being environmentaly conscious, to decide to cushion
it with something natural and biodegradable, but not paper. What will
- I cry without eyes, travel without feet. What am I?
- (BONUS) Where can I find the recipe for Alex III barbeque chicken